Saturday, September 3, 2022

In the Mirror We Stare

 My, my time has quickly passed

Just yesterday, you came unexpectedly fast


The moment I saw you, you became my special angel

There were so many plans God had for you I could tell


Watching you grow has been frightful, yet wonderful journey

From daddy’s little girl, to worried teenager, to mother of three

 

Many special moments flood my memory

You with lifted arms saying, “Hold you me”  

 

You in the ring swing from the oak tree in the backyard

Saying, “Higher daddy, push me high and hard”

 

You riding down the sidewalk making the Bigwheel tire flat

To learning to drive the car, just like that

 

The many volleyball practices that we spent together

Sharing doubts, hopes, and dreams to make things better

 

The places, sights, and things that we have shared

From a multitude of the world’s problems God has spared

 

The journey to this day, your 45th birthday, has had it bumps

It is good that God forgives and throws all our wrongs in the dump

 

I have, and always will, love “my special angel” sent from above

Just remember there is nothing greater than a Father’s love

 

It seems as yesterday that you were little with monsters in her hair

Daddy trying to get them out in tender care as in the mirror we stare

 

At that moment not realizing all the things that God would allow

Having faith that the Lord up would honor our prayers as we bow

 

When troubles and sorrows toss you and you think you will drown

Your old dad will be praying that the Lord put you back on solid ground

 

Happy Birthday Angel

Love Dad

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment