Friday, May 7, 2021

Momma Showed Me

Mamma it has been a long, long time

Momma I miss your songs and rhyme

 

You left us so young and in your prime

Momma precious mother of mine

 

Momma you showed me Jesus was the way

Momma you taught me to read the Bible and pray

 

You showed me how to work and how to play

Momma your faith showed there is coming a better day

 

Momma you taught life was not about things

Momma you showed me it was not riches or golden rings

 

You proved that life was about home and a song to sing

Momma I miss your hugging and kissing

 

Momma you showed how to never give up and live

Momma you taught me to share and give

 

You trained me how to be innovative

Momma thank you for helping me be creative

 

Momma you wiped away my tears when I would cry

Momma you showed me how to suffer and die

 

You thought of others until you told me goodbye

Momma I know I will see by and by

Momma would be ninety today,  She died form melanoma cancer at age 55 in January 1987

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment