Monday, March 5, 2018

Welcome to the Porch!

Hello friends!

It's good to be with you on God's Front Porch. This is a place where everyone is welcome and we will share simple things about everyday life and conversations you would have on your own front porch with friends. These talks on God's Front Porch will be rooted in biblical principles. Some of the wisest counsel, Godly advice and common sense solutions have come from front porch conversations. In my life, these have covered the era from the Great Depression to the latest technological marvel.  The front porch was actually the first form of social media.

Years ago, I had a history professor who said if you don't write it down, it never happened. It's important to record events about people's lives. Everyone has a story if you just listen. Some stories will be so unbelievable you may think they're made up. They may be a full story, a paragraph or just a thought.

This blog is dedicated to the everyday person. Most of our current news media focuses on the bad and ugly things, the dilemmas and the tragedies. Some blogs make you cry, some make you laugh and some  make you stop and think. This blog may just do all three.

I have a quote hanging in my house that says "No one can go back and start a new beginning but everyone can start today and create a new ending." This is the beginning of my new ending, made more poignant with Easter on the horizon. I hope you will continue to join me as I make this journey toward Easter and the celebration of our risen Savior.



Bro. Bobby

1 comment: